It’s hard to enter the Art Directors Hall of Fame if you don’t get the chance to work on Hall of Fame projects.
We can help with that.
As an NCSDO designer, you’ll join an industry leader known for shaping sophisticated solutions to our clients’ complex problems.
If you bring a superlative aesthetic, superior organizational skills, and enthusiasm for assisting in the development of comprehensive branding systems for colleges, universities and schools, let’s talk.
Here, you will:
- Serve an array of exceptional clients—some of the world’s best and most interesting schools, colleges, and universities. Your work will be seen on a national stage.
- Work collaboratively with and learn from a team (creative directors, art directors, project managers, writers, and UE specialists) of senior-level industry professionals. You will help us translate our client’s business objectives into communications solutions responsive to brand strategy.
- Have the opportunity to quickly move up in responsibility to an art director role, having learned the ropes of building comprehensive brand platforms and visual systems. We are small but mighty. Agency shenanigans? Not so much.
- Benefit from an in-house infrastructure of well-established and well-tuned technology systems that support the complex, multi-faceted client programs we are responsible for.
- Be principally responsible for extending NCSDO’s visual identity—in our sales collateral, digital channels, and in the presentation of our portfolio. (We’ll celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2022, so there’s likely an anniversary design project in your future. Just sayin’.)
- Think and contribute across media platforms. Our solutions extend to print, .edu, environmental, experiential, email, and social. In other words, you’ll be pushing well beyond static design.
- A passion for work that supports clients (schools, colleges and universities) whose impact is transformative.
- A minimum of two years of visual design experience in an environment responsible for brand creative development.
- A portfolio that demonstrates how your design solutions are responsive to strategy and contributed to solving business problems. (Polished work is a nonnegotiable.)
- We’re especially interested in your ability to make graphic superheros out of copy and your proficiency in long-form. (Language means a lot to us.)
- Proven fluency and comfort developing cross-media design solutions
- High-level working knowledge of the Creative Cloud suite.
- A degree in design, fine arts, or a related field.
The Bigger Picture
NCSDO specializes in brand development for the nation’s best and most interesting schools, colleges, and universities. Throughout our 48-year history, our work has been recognized for excellence in our category more than any other agency.
Making educational opportunity fully accessible is essential to the health and future of our society and a centerpiece of our work. We aim to remain the most thoughtful, creative, and vital firm in our field while advancing the missions of the world’s best and most interesting education institutions.
The values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are, therefore, our steadfast priorities—in hiring and advancing talent and in shaping the business solutions we bring to our clients.
To apply, send résumé and cover letter to Matthew Swanson: firstname.lastname@example.org