It’s like we know you:
You have superior creative instincts; a proven track record of developing successful, comprehensive brand systems; and an insistence on the protocols and design development habits that lead to efficiency.
So, as an NCSDO art director, you would
- work collaboratively with a team that includes the creative director, project manager, writer, and UI specialist translating a client’s objectives into creative expressions that are channel-agnostic and responsive to NCSDO-authored brand strategy. In this capacity, you would be a significant contributor to the development of creative briefs.
- develop cohesive systems of communications around the brand platforms defined in strategy and creative briefs; assume responsibility for maintaining the integrity of design; and be responsive to budgeting factors.
- provide guidance to the creative director and project team in translating client objectives into communications solutions responsive to brand strategy. In this capacity, you must have a well-informed understanding of the company’s portfolio so that design solutions are never derivative. As an agency that stakes it reputation on providing custom solutions—and one that has chosen to specialize in education marketing—this is a critical facet of the art director’s role.
- direct photography and (in collaboration with the creative director and DP) video shoots.
- carry out market and design research using client-provided and industry-related resources and information gathered through participation in research and discovery.
- cultivate relationships with creative resources such as illustrators, photographers, and typographers, and is an important contributor to the evaluation of new talent.
- participate in content curation of the company’s social media channels.
- be the primary design resource for company branding, including, but not limited to, NCSDO’s graphic identity, website, presentation tools, and promotional materials.
• A passion for work that supports clients whose impact is transformative in meaningful, positive, ways and whose missions, by their very nature, improve culture and society.
• A minimum of three years of primary art-direction experience in an environment responsible for brand creative development.
• A portfolio that reflects sophisticated and comprehensive solutions that are responsive to strategy. The portfolio should speak to the integration of photo theory, copy theory, pattern theory and differentiation in a competitor set.
• Proven fluency and comfort developing cross-media design solutions.
Interested? Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to Matthew Swanson.
To apply, send résumé and cover letter to Matthew Swanson: firstname.lastname@example.org